IRMMW-THz 2019 Student Workshop - 30-31 AUGUST 2019
IEMN Laboratoire Central - Campus scientifique - Villeneuve d’Ascq
"Training on selected THz/MIR experimental techniques"
It is our pleasure to invite all bachelor, master, PhD and graduate students to attend the Student Workshop organized in connection to the 2019 44th International Conference on Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz Waves (IRMMW-THz 2019) in Paris.
The Student Workshop will take place on 30-31 August 2019 at the Institute of Electronics, Microelectronics and Nanotechnology (IEMN) in Lille (200 km North of Paris, 1 hour by high-speed train).
This year the aim of the workshop is to give a comprehensive overview of several selected experimental techniques connected to infrared, millimeter and terahertz science and technology. During the workshop students will follow a short course, and will become familiar with the techniques by attending hands-on practical sessions.
The main topics addressed will be
- THz time-domain spectroscopy (TDS) & data analysis
- Electro-optic and photoconductive sampling of sub-mm and THz waves
- Near-field optical microscopy in the mid-IR & THz
- Magneto-optics & nonreciprocal devices from the mid-IR down to mm-waves
- THz communications: antennas and data-links in the 300 GHz band
- Fourier-transform characterization of antenna-based mid-IR detectors
Through this workshop students will gain insight on the basics of the techniques and on current state-of-the-art. Practical sessions will be particularly helpful for students or young researchers who have just entered in the field of THz science and technology.
The number of places available was limited. We are sorry, there is no more available place - 1st August 2019